Monday, November 21, 2011

I'll Come for You



I was having some difficulty getting all the words to show up, I hope you are all able to read this one clearly.  Enjoy!
Here is a link where you can find the song and I have posted the lyrics below. 

What I said before I said in truth
I've never seen before what I see in you
I knew not wrong from right, until first I saw in you
The sea may claim my life, but I'll come for you

Now hear these words and find some peace
The worlds is ours if you believe

I'll come for you, a thousand ships or more
I'll come for you, a cross a world at war
I'll come for you, if just this much you swore

May my kingdom fall till our kingdom come
For a love like this has only just begun
And against us both may the world unite
For my fleet I'd burn
For our love I'd fight

Now hear these words, your mind at ease
I'd give it all if you'd believe

I'll come for you, a thousand ships or more
I'll come for you, a cross a world at war
I'll come for you, if just this much you swore
That you would be waiting on the shore

Till my dying, dying, dying, dying breath
Till my dying, dying, dying, dying breath
Till my dying, dying, dying breath
Till my dying breath

I'll come for you, a thousand ships or more
I'll come for you, a cross a world at war
I'll come for you, if just this much you swore
That you would be waiting on the shore

This I swore till my dying, dying, dying, dying breath
Till my dying, dying, dying, dying breath

This is one of my favorite songs by this band. It always makes me feel like I am loved and that one day, my prince charming will come. The vocalist sings how he will fight for the death if that's what it takes. He sings of his world falling apart until his love is part of it also. He will risk his life through war and across oceans and all that his love has to do is swear she will be waiting for him. This song strikes a chord with me because I know what it is to be apart from the person you love because of distance that you have no control over. I always hear the longing in the singer's voice in my chest as if all these words were my own. The romance is constructed in this link by all the things that I have listed above. The opening verse is the strongest one. For a man not to know the great knowledge of the world until he set eyes on you, how can any girl not want to hear these words coming from someone she loves? He tells his love to keep her mind at ease and to feel peace because he is on his way. He will go through anything to be with his love. Isn't that what so many of us wish for in this life, to find someone willing to do anything just to be at our side? Because this song even exists it gives hope to us that there is a chance we can find someone special like this. This song is proof itself because one man sings this maybe just maybe there are more and maybe just maybe is there one for each of us. If you are not a "cheesy romantic" maybe this song sounds needy to you, maybe you believe that we should not be so dependent on another person. But I think this song argues it well that there is something more than just walking the world alone. 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry guys I can't get the color to stop it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this band, but this song made me want to hear more! It's really interesting if you listen to the tone of his voice while he sings "I'll come for you." He starts belting this part so the listener knows that he truly means it. Also, when he sings "Till my dying breath," his tone is soft and subtle, like he's given all he has left to give. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since I was a pre-adolescent I have been fascinated by the traditional understanding of the human condition. What starts out as yearning soon becomes debased into a carnival of lust, leaving only a sense of dread and the prospect of a new synthesis.

    As shimmering forms become transformed through studious and personal practice, the listener is left with an insight into the limits of our future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good song (I went and found it). Really as much romantic 'soul mate' stuff as we'll ever see. And I could imagine myself the woman (I assume) who hears this--powerful. How's it 'Romantic' (big 'R'), though?

    ReplyDelete